Thursday, September 18, 2025

Adopt a Park visit

 This week our year 3 / 4 enviro group visited our 'adopted' park - 
William Green Domain. This is our third visit this year. 

During our visit we...

* learnt about the different shaped leaves and what plants or trees they come from

* discovered some interesting wildlife - a red dragonfly, a skink, woodlice, a shiny ladybird bug and some green leaf bugs

* found an awesome 'canoe' - part of a fallen nikau leaf 

* helped the environment by picking up rubbish. 

Happy green bugs!
shiny ladybird

Whose footprints are these? 

spot the lizard!
 

We found lots of plastic - including 5 plastic bottles. We talked about how we can help the environment have less plastic in it by having a wrapper free lunch. 







John - I liked helping the environment

Piper - the most interesting thing I found was the giant canoe (leaf) 

Ayla - I liked finding 2 dragonflies

Ella - I enjoyed picking up rubbish

Aimee - It was very exciting to find a mysterious rucksack (rubbish) I think it might belong to my favourite book character - Wolf Girl (- I love the imagination!) 

Luka - I enjoyed the rubbish hunt




 


Next time we go we will have a closer look at the native trees and plants we planted and see if we can do some weeding around them. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Food Trip... around New Zealand!

  We have been learning about food from different places in the world.  The next part of this 'food trip' brings us back to New Zeal...