Thursday, June 27, 2024

Year 3/ 4 Adopt A Park Term 2

This week our year 3/4 Enviro team walked down to William Green Domain for our 'Adopt a Park' visit. 

This term we were focusing on tree planting in the park. 

Led by Ranger Anna from Auckland Council, we planted native grasses by the stream. We planted over 100 in less than one hour! 

We learned about how planting by streams and rivers is helpful to stop soil eroding (slipping away) into the waterways during heavy rain. 




I liked tree planting and I liked jumping on the spade and getting the dirt out (Aimee) 

Planting trees together was fun and I liked it when we took the worms out and gave them a new home (Blake) 






We found so many massive worms! I loved looking for them! (DanĂ©) 

It was fun learning about the trees and how to plant (Jaylani) 

I had so much fun, I liked tree planting (Yasasmi) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden to Table - Term 3 round up - Room 2 & Room 17

 Room 2 and Room 17 had a busy term in Garden to Table and the year 6 students were sad when their last session came.     Over the term they...